A printing challenge
PDF, or ‘portable document file’, is a widely used file format throughout many core IT systems including ERP, MES and WMS, as well as in OS and onboard PCs used in factories. Printing PDF data on to a label traditionally requires a printer driver or custom-built software to convert the data into a graphic, image or dataflow, creating a longer process that can harm efficiency across the supply chain. However, there is technology that can remove this roadblock.
What is PDF Direct Print?
PDF Direct Print offers a new more effective way of working. It is an integrated printer software that enables SATO printers to directly print PDF data generated in other systems, to ultimately reduce errors and the associated loss of time and resources, while improving operational productivity.
- Multilingual fonts and typefaces - PDF Direct Print supports all languages available in PDF and uses fonts embedded in the PDF file to prevent text garbling
- PC-less Printing - PDF Direct Print resides in the printer memory and processes data internally - saving cost, space and time by eliminating the need to manage additional devices
- Page-splitting functionality to divide information across multiple labels
- The layout adjustment feature enables quick and easy changes to the orientation of data and the avoidance of any blank spaces
- High speed and quality - Direct Print software generates clear and precise fonts and barcodes and control colour density alongside a high-speed internal processor to ensure high and consistent throughput
- Multiple Interfaces - PDF Direct Print supports every commonly used printer communication interface, including wireless LAN, USB and Bluetooth, enabling flexible use across any business environment
- Cutter Options - Coming Soon - Users can specify how many labels to cut out from a single item of data, a feature that works alongside the page splitting function to enable versatile operations
- SATO AEP - SATO AEP (Application Enabled Printing) enables more sophisticated operations through the use of API
For more information, please Contact us >