Standard Warranty Terms & Conditions
SATO warrants the hardware products to be free from defects in material and workmanship under normal use and service. SATO’s obligation under this warranty is limited to correcting the defect in the product or any part thereof which is defective in material or workmanship during the warranty period.
Replacement shall be determined by SATO wherein such supplies fail to meet applicable specifications and were purchased directly from SATO or SATO authorized party for use with SATO products and provided Buyer or Customer has complied with the handling, storage and shelf life requirements as specified by SATO. SATO shall have no responsibility whatsoever for consumable supplies purchased from any other source.
THE ABOVE WARRANTIES ARE EXCLUSIVE OF, AND IN LIEU OF, ALL OTHER WARRANTIES, WRITTEN OR ORAL, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, STATUTORY OR OTHERWISE. NO IMPLIED STATUTORY WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE SHALL APPLY. SATO SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES SUSTAINED BY BUYER ARISING FROM DELAY IN THE REPLACEMENT OR REPAIR OF PRODUCTS UNDER THE ABOVE WARRANTY.
Please refer to the warranty statement shipped with SATO product for a detailed explanation of the warranty terms associated with a particular product.
For Service & Support requests, use the Online RMA Request Form.
SATO Global Warranty Program
SATO Global Warranty Program is applicable when the place of purchase is different from place of installation and the purchase date is less than one year (excluding Japan). If the place of purchase and place of installation are the same, local warranty conditions apply.
Depending on the Printer models, Global Warranty Program might not be applicable. If unclear about the warranty status of your Printers, please contact us.
Please read the SATO Global Warranty Program Online User Agreement set out below which includes disclaimers of liability and other important general matters. To enjoy the SATO Global Warranty Program outlined here, please register your Printer first by clicking here.
- SATO warrants that when purchased from SATO or through an authorized SATO distributor or reseller; this Printer, its components, and accessories are in good working order and free from defects in workmanship and materials.
- The warranty period for Printers (excluding the Print Head, Platen Roller, and Cutter assembly) is one (1) year from the purchase date. Warranties applicable to products commence on the date as stated on the sales invoice provided by the reseller. Commencement dates of warranties applicable to other sovereignties may be found in their relative literature.
- The warranty period for the Print Heads and Platen Rollers* is:
- Thermal Transfer Applications: one (1) year or 30km (1,200,000 linear print inches), whichever comes first.
- Direct Thermal Applications: one (1) year or 15km (600,000 linear print inches), whichever comes first.
- The warranty period for SATO Cutters is one (1) year from the date of purchase or the following number of cuts (whichever comes first):
- SATO Standard Guillotine Cutter: 300,000 cuts
- SATO Rotary (HD) Cutter: 500,000 cuts
- SATO TG3 Integrated Cutter: 1,000,000 cuts, whichever comes first.
- In the case of repairs, parts replacements or some other services are requested under the warranties provided herein within the warranty period, the additional warranty period of 90 days for the repaired or replaced parts is to be given from the date of such repairs or replacements.
- Printer modifications, improper use or maintenance by unauthorized and/or non-certified service companies will deem the warranty void. Improper use includes, but is not limited to, the use of consumables or any thermal carbon ribbon which are not manufactured or authorized by SATO. Physical damage to the Print Head, Platen Roller, or Cutter other in addition to that specified above will also void the warranty.
- Warranty service may be obtained by returning the Printer to any one of the SATO Group companies. The owner must prepay all shipping charges to the address of one of those listed companies and assume all risk of loss or damage during transit. Proof of purchase verifying the purchase date, or the original warranty registration, must be included with the Printer.
- The owner will be notified prior to any chargeable repair activity should the warranty be considered void by SATO.
- The warranties provided herein commonly cover and are applicable to the products sold through the global SATO sales networks or channels excluding those sold in Japan. The services under this common warranty, unlike local warranties to be given separately by each SATO group company, are to be provided by any SATO group companies, regardless of the place of purchase.
- The foregoing warranties are the only warranties provided by SATO in connection with the products covered. All other warranties, whether expressed or implied, are not valid; including without limitation, implied warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular application.
- SATO shall not be liable for any incidental or consequential damages, loss, or expense arising from Printer use or failure to operate. And in no event shall SATO be liable for any damages exceeding the Printer purchase price.
Register your printer online for the Global Warranty Programme
If your printer is not registered with SATO, you may be required to present proof of purchase to obtain warranty service.
Find a location close to you for more details on processing warranty claims.
Your prompt product registration confirms your right to the protection available under the terms and conditions of your SATO warranty.
Reply to the email you receive after completing this form to ensure that you can be contacted in the event we need to forward you additional information about your product.
We will keep the model number and date of purchase of your SATO product on file to help you refer to this information in the event of an insurance claim such as theft or loss.